Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 86- Excuses excuses...God is bigger

Today I had some very interesting excuses to NOT to to the gym. Hmmmmm. So in my head I began to go over them to see if the reasons were worthy of being forgiven for being lazy for the day.

First, my belly felt queasy. Felt like I was fighting off some kind of stomach virus. hmmmm, I thought. What if I don't care of myself and get healthy today because my belly hurts????? I had no fever and my throat felt fine. Perhaps I could push myself.

Then, I got distracted with catching up with those I love on facebook and email - typing with one hand while feeding the baby a bottle with the other hand. It was getting late in the day, maybe too late to go to the gym because I was running out of energy.


BUT God was and is BIGGER than my excuses. Lifting up a little prayer for strength, I popped 8 cherry tomatoes, a tall glass of lemon water and headed out the door.

It felt entirely AWESOME to stretch out all my sore muscles on the mat and walk on the treadmill while watching my favorite shows and laughing my tuchas off- literally! LOL!

Right before I pressed the start button on the treadmill, one more tiny excuse tried to crawl into my mind  like a crumb into a crevice. My right toe began itching like there was no tomorrow from a chigger bite I got outside on the 4th of July (like a mosquito bite but way more itchy).

"Lord,"  I cried out, "I hate to bother you with seemingly insignificant things. But please let this itch go away now so I can take care of this body you gave me." He answered my prayer. I got home today feeling more refreshed and strengthened than ever before.

God is bigger than my excuses.
Stay healthy & be refreshed!

1 comment:

  1. Lost 4 pounds last Monday. Will weigh in on Monday.
    Greatest challange: cravings for snacks at night
    Greatest achievement: eating right

    ReplyDelete