Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 84- my head says it's not possible but my heart says BELIEVE!

My head says it's not possible but my heart says believe it! It's day 84 and I am still going strong. Each day I realize how totally and completely dependent I am on God's spirit within me for overcoming temptation.

Greatest tempation in my past? Late night snacking on stuff with sugar.
Also, using things like other people's birthdays & celebrations as excuses to cheat off my healthy eating plan.

Some low carb snacks I have been having have been things like sugar free jello and green tea or avacado. Joey has been making arugala & mozzorella omlettes and tonite he had celery sticks with cream cheese "shmeared" inside. LOL!

Our fridge is overflowing  with delicious veggies to add to our meals (or eggs in the morning) from asparagus, to string beans to summer squash, arugala and spinich. Just for a few weeks we'll have these veggies instead of rice, bread or pasta.* It's all power food and I feel like a million dollars most of the time I am eating this stuff.

Our wallets didnt love it when we came back from the grocery store. But we know we'll save on medicines and doctors later on if we take care of ourselves.

We gotta believe we are worth it if not to ourselves than at least to God!

Ok signing off for now. Believing God can help me do this! LET'S DO THIS!! YES WE CAN!!!!!!! YES WE WILL. We have come to far to go back again.

mish

*disclaimer:
I would be so blessed if you supported me on my food choices though they might not be yours personally. And I will totally support YOU! Joey and I happen to love the later phases of the Atkins eating plan and have seen positive results at the doctors office from eating that way in the past.
Giving you the heads up cuz you're gonna hear me share about some higher fat foods like steak and avacado and olives but just wanted you to know that this is on my personal plan so not to worry.

4 comments:

  1. Michelle, I totally understand how one person's healthy eating does not look like another's. Being hypoglycemic myself, I have to follow a high-protein diet, but I cannot digest complex proteins thanks to other genetic problems... soooo my diet is complicated, but I eat what I can. I've started a new health plan of my own lately, and it's had immediate results. I'm so glad to have seen this post, because it is encouraging to me just to hear someone else trying to practice some self-control too.

    You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. thank you Anna Nicole! You look fabulous to me. But I am soooooooo glad you are joining me in the fight against the flesh because eating healthy will better prepare us for the ministry God has for us.

    And YOU! You, my friend have one powerful ministry and some exciting plans ahead. Thanks for reading my blog! Let's do this together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, it's not the eating healthy that bothers me, it's the working out! Man is it hard to do so for me. I'm going back on my exercise regime as I had lost 20 pounds before. It's tough though when you just don't want to do it, but then I ask for God's grace to get me through it and He definitely does! I'm praying for you Mich and all of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hear u Brittany! gonna dedicate my next blog 2 u

    ReplyDelete